like in the summer, where it was sometimes twice a day..
college life = real life where everythings a blur..and all that matters is working hard =)
self-pat on back moment: just completed the haydn cello concerto in c major 1st movement as of a week or so ago, just have to perform it for some guest artists from a music school tomorrow..in front of the string department and maybe the public...a 1 on 1 thirty min, lesson on the stage in the concert hall with music faculty and students watching..eh...
hope its good!
on another note I realized something:
i shouldnt let hobbies or achievements define who i am. although I may be gifted at certain activities, they shouldnt limit what i CAN or cannot do. before it was steven the photographer, steven the chef, steven the editor, steven blah blah.
its funny because I hardly ever get to do any of those things here. no time for pics, although occasionally. no time for cooking, although I am making thanksgiving dinner. no time for yearbook. no time for alot of things that I once thought were always going to define me. So while I may not have those things utterly present in my life right now, it dosen't mean I lost any more zeal or talent in those areas. I still love them dearly. Ive just chosen to branch out a bit, prove to myself that I can once change my life course spontaneously and still be able to achieve high and do the best I can. This is a partial reason why I chose not to attend PUC. It was too structured for me, everything mapped out so nicely. I needed a excitement rush, a change of perspective, which took a very good friend to accidentally but needed push to get me here. Also, a change of friends is always a good way to examine yourself, which is what ive been doing this whole time. Social barriers are high, but im slowly at least attempting to make some new friends. I love music, and well see if I can accomplish that here and rise above the competition and obstacles. Lord, please help me.
Walker = check
Loma Linda = check
Berrien Springs = well see how this goes..
4 years? BRING IT.
*hopefully i can keep this up...although nothings changed since the beginning essentially, I think im improving..lets both do well in life..what we got to lose?"
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment