This is purely from my view and not meant to be conceited or anything, but God endowed me with so many amazing qualities and talents. I sincerely believe that God has especially blessed me and in that manner I believe that I have a huge task in giving back.
I think I have a new perspective. I shouldn't expect anything in return from others, for what God has given me freely. I believe that music is a wonderful gift from God that only a few have the capacity to fully express. I am wrong to believe that I should be compensated for my talents. Only if it is as a gift or they offer, or it is for an non-related event or a comparably exhausting event such as a wedding, I will not expect monetary compensation for my music services.Especially if a family member or friend requests them.
Idk. I just feel in some way hurt when friends try to pay me for something I love doing, and love doing with them. Really? To me that relays that our friendship isn't as close as I thought or that I am lower to their eyes to where I am just a another customer. I don't role that way. Friends, especially close friends, mean so much more to me. I'll respect people's decisions and views but I will never see in the same perspective. So I am sorry everyone.
as the a quote goes from my favorite comic book superhero goes, "with great power comes great responsibility"
...or rather, with great blessings comes greater service. and my purpose is to serve others with all my talents. so thanks everyone for challenging me to come to this conclusion.

Father, may you always bestow upon me a humble heart, instilled with the desire to serve others. thanks.

:)))
ReplyDeletesteven, you don't understand how big i smiled when i read this.
it makes me so incredibly proud to sit back and watch God working on you and maturing you.
i am just....mm! i'm so proud of you! :)
*big hug.
a few more weeks til you're back home!