Tuesday, July 28, 2009

thanks for subscribing and 2 those that read

haha i just looked, and theres 7 people that somewhat care about what shit i put on here. its interesting...just wanted to say thanks!

anyway, a very good friend of mine convinced me to put this for all the other
hopeless romantics out there (i like to write, im not one of them)

Chase After the Sunset
by Steven Michael


Time passes slowly by to those that sit idly and do nothing.
But to those that grasp life and embrace its equivocal conditions, meaning is suddenly thrust within their reach. Why wish on a shooting star or pluck the petals off of sunflowers? Are not these tasks without prize or importance? Life, it seems is spent chasing meaningless things. Happiness, money, and even love itself dosent seem worth the effort in contrast to the problems involved to attain them. Walking on the beach, gazing up at a starry sky, and chasing after sunsets also seem a bit trivial compared to the grand scheme of things. But time after time, these scenes are always attached to you, cemented to you by some force I have yet to discover. Your gravity binds me, anchors me down in ways I hate, ways that you don't even know. You've got me drenched by your rain in places I am still trying to dry. Most of all, you've stained my heart in a way I fear is irreversible, and the damage is evident. But worse yet, you did it with just a smile, a look, or a touch. Through all this time there is still one inseparable fact: you got me. Baby, take time to realize that although the obstacles are inevitable and though you don't see a happy ending, we'll make it work. True love always has a song, and the reason you can't hear it is because its still being written. So yeah it dosent make sense, it may take some time, and it might not be worth it. But im willing to take that risk rather than sit here and think of what could have been, what we could be. I may be blinded and impaired, but I honestly couldn't care less. So while I wait for you I'll continue to chase after sunsets.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh.
    that was absolutely beautiful.
    i love reading your writing. :)

    ReplyDelete