Saturday, August 1, 2009

love languages

are sometimes really hard to figure out


fact:

today I realized why exactly friends are to important to me. As much as I love alone time and as anti-social as I can be, I require them to thrive and to go about my day to day activities. This summer has been a real push for me in the friend department. Most of my friends either have jobs or have school this summer, so basically Im the only one stuck here locally that has almost nothing to do. Ive stepped outside of my usual comfort zone and have chilled with alot of people this summer, people I dont normally chill with. I have to admit though, it has helped me tenfold in my further realization of the definition, roles, who my friends are. Over the past week especially I have had multiple fairly deep conversations, all about the subject of friends. Although not groundbreaking rocket science information I have concluded that:


1. there are people who just have friends naturally, aka people like them
2. we have different friends for different needs that need to be met
3. there are different levels of friendship that ea. friend can be categorized into
4. people can be closer to you, than you are to them and vice versa
5. friends are a vital part in determining the level of your self-esteem
6. not all friendships are worth saving
7. a friendship is a two-way street, show some effort or make them work!
8. friends of the heart = KEEP THEM
9. you can be replaced in your friend group
10. best friend can be plural



yup. thats a small good chunk of my conclusions. more to come someday when I figure out more stuff, or change that list haha

idk, maybe david choi knows how to put it in words better than I ever could about what ive been feeling lately (towards friends):

"So if I ever see you on the street
I'll pretend that I didn't see
And turn my face
No use in small talk anyways

Because if I look into your eyes
Then I'll have to say goodbye
And thatll break my heart

So I wont even start"





thanks friend

2 comments:

  1. dude, i REALLY like your new layout..
    & i lOVE the banner that you made! nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. steven, its about time you got into David Choi.
    I have his CD from when i went to see him in Irvine if u wanna borrow it ^_^ cool blog btw.

    ReplyDelete